Put out my eyes, and I can see you still,
熄掉我的眼睛:我能看见你,
Slam my ears to, and I can hear you yet;
堵住我的耳朵:我能听见你;
And without any feet can go to you;
没有脚我能走向你,
And tongueless, I can conjure you at will.
没有嘴我还能对你起誓。
Break off my arms, I shall take hold of you
折断我的手臂,我抓住你
And grasp you with my heart as with a hand;
用我的心如一只手,
Arrest my heart, my brain will beat as true;
捂住我的心,我的脑子会跳动,
And if you set this brain of mine afire,
你往我的脑子里扔一把火,
Then on my blood-stream I yet will carry you.
于是我将在我的血液中背着你。
In my sky at twilight you are like a cloud
你如一片云,在我暮色的天空里,
And your form and colour are the way I love them
你的形体与颜色,正是我所爱地。
You are mine, mine, woman with sweet lips
你是我的女人,拥有着甜蜜的双唇,
And in your life my infinite dreams live.
我无尽的梦想,在你的生命中生存。
The lamp of my soul dyes your feet
你柔软的双足被我灵魂的灯晕染,
My sour wine is sweeter on your lips
我酸味的葡萄酒在你的双唇间变得更甜。
Oh reaper of my evening song
哦,我夜晚歌曲的收割者,
How solitary dreams believe you to be mine.
该如何让孤独的梦想相信,你将是我的。
You are mine, mine, I go shouting it to the afternoon's
你是我的,我的,我在午后高喊,
Wind, and the wind hauls on my widowed voice.
风,那黄昏的风带走了我孤独的声音。
Huntress of the depths of my eyes, your plunder
你掠夺了我眼底的情意,成了你的猎物,
Stills your nocturnal regard as though it were water
让你夜晚深情的凝视如水一样的静物。
l seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless timeso
我好像曾经无数次,以无数种形式爱过你
ln life after life, in age after age,forever.
年年岁岁,生生死死,直到永恒
My spellbound heart has made and remade the necklace of songs,
我用痴迷的心做成了一串又一串美妙音韵的项链。
That you take as a gift, wear round your neck in your many forms,
那是送你的礼物,任你所喜欢的样子环绕在你的香颈。
ln life after life, in age after age, forever.
年年岁岁,生生死死,直到永恒
Whenever l hear old chronicles of love,it's age-old pain,
当我听著那熟悉的爱情故事,那是岁月的伤口
lt's ancient tale of being apart or together.
那是关于分离或相遇的古老传说。
As l stare on and on into the past, in the end you emerge,
当我再次凝望着过去时,在最后定能发现你,
Clad in the light of a pole-star piercing the darkness of time:
沐着极星灿光你穿越黑夜走来
You become an image of what is remembered forever.
你已永远变成记忆深处的形像
You and l have floated here on the stream that brings from the fount.
你和我由着来自亘古的时间长河漂流至此
At the heart of time, love of one for another.
听听时间在诉说著各样爱的故事。
We have played along side millions of lovers, shared in the same
我们曾经与万千恋人们擦肩而过,分享着―样的
Shy sweetness of meeting, the same distressful tears of farewell -
相遇时羞涩的甜蜜,再见时不舍的泪花……
Old love but in shapes that renew and renew forever.
但是爱情总会再次复活,永恒复活。
Today it is heaped at your feet, it has found its end in you
今天又堆积在你脚下,那已不能再给你任何感觉了,
The love of all man's days both past and forever:
所有人的爱情都已成为过去与永恒
Bright star, would I were steadfast as thou art---
明亮的星,但愿我能如你坚定---
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
但并非孤独地在夜空闪烁高悬,
And Watching, with eternal lids apart,
睁着一双永不合拢的眼睛,
Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
犹如苦修的隐士彻夜无眠,
The moving waters at their priestlike task
凝视海水冲洗尘世的崖岸,
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
好似牧师行施净体的沐浴,
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
或正俯瞰下界的荒原与群山
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors---
被遮盖在轻轻飘落的雪罩里---
No-yet still steadfast, still unchangeable,
并非这样---却永远坚定如故,
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
枕卧在我美丽的爱人的胸膛,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
永远能感到它的轻轻的起伏,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
永远清醒,在甜蜜的不安中,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
永远、永远听着她轻柔的呼吸,
And so live ever---or else swoon to death.
永远这样生活---或昏厥而死去。
O, my Luve's like a red, red rose,
我的爱是红红的玫瑰,
That's newly sprung in June.
于六月初开。
O, my Luve's like the melodie,
我的爱是动听的乐曲,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.
甜美如天籁。
As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
你国色天香,姑娘,
So deep in luve am I,
我对你情深意长。
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
我会永远爱你,亲爱的,
Till a' the seas gang dry!
直至海水都已枯干。
Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
直至海水都已枯干,亲爱的,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun!
岩石也因日晒焦烂,
I will luve thee still, my dear,
我会永远爱你,亲爱的,
While the sands o' life shall run.
只要生命的沙漏尚在运转。
You are taken in the net of my music, my love 我亲爱的,你被带入我音乐的网中, And my nets of music are wide as the sky 这网就如辽阔的天空。 My soul is born on the shore of your eyes of mourning 我的灵魂诞生在你受伤的眼眸的岸边, In your eyes of mourning the land of dreams begins. 在你受伤的双眸里,就是我梦乡的发源。
Universal joy, universal sorrow, universal life. 宇宙的欢乐,悲伤,与生命, The memories of all loves merging with this one love of ours - 所有爱情的回忆将会结合为一体- And the songs of every poet past and forever. 还有每一个诗人们的歌谣也已成为过去与永恒。
And fare thee weel, my only Luve! 再会了,我此生所爱! And fare thee weel, a while! 片刻的分离将我们阻拦! And I will come again, my Luve, 我会回来的,爱人, Tho' it were ten thousand mile! 纵使横亘着万水千山。