Put out my eyes, and I can see you still,
熄掉我的眼睛:我能看見你,
Slam my ears to, and I can hear you yet;
堵住我的耳朵:我能聽見你;
And without any feet can go to you;
沒有腳我能走向你,
And tongueless, I can conjure you at will.
沒有嘴我還能對你起誓。
Break off my arms, I shall take hold of you
折斷我的手臂,我抓住你
And grasp you with my heart as with a hand;
用我的心如一隻手,
Arrest my heart, my brain will beat as true;
捂住我的心,我的腦子會跳動,
And if you set this brain of mine afire,
你往我的腦子裡扔一把火,
Then on my blood-stream I yet will carry you.
於是我將在我的血液中背著你。
In my sky at twilight you are like a cloud
你如一片雲,在我暮色的天空裡,
And your form and colour are the way I love them
你的形體與顏色,正是我所愛地。
You are mine, mine, woman with sweet lips
你是我的女人,擁有著甜蜜的雙唇,
And in your life my infinite dreams live.
我無盡的夢想,在你的生命中生存。
The lamp of my soul dyes your feet
你柔軟的雙足被我靈魂的燈暈染,
My sour wine is sweeter on your lips
我酸味的葡萄酒在你的雙唇間變得更甜。
Oh reaper of my evening song
哦,我夜晚歌曲的收割者,
How solitary dreams believe you to be mine.
該如何讓孤獨的夢想相信,你將是我的。
You are mine, mine, I go shouting it to the afternoon's
你是我的,我的,我在午後高喊,
Wind, and the wind hauls on my widowed voice.
風,那黃昏的風帶走了我孤獨的聲音。
Huntress of the depths of my eyes, your plunder
你掠奪了我眼底的情意,成了你的獵物,
Stills your nocturnal regard as though it were water
讓你夜晚深情的凝視如水一樣的靜物。
l seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless timeso
我好像曾經無數次,以無數種形式愛過你
ln life after life, in age after age,forever.
年年歲歲,生生死死,直到永恆
My spellbound heart has made and remade the necklace of songs,
我用痴迷的心做成了一串又一串美妙音韻的項鍊。
That you take as a gift, wear round your neck in your many forms,
那是送你的禮物,任你所喜歡的樣子環繞在你的香頸。
ln life after life, in age after age, forever.
年年歲歲,生生死死,直到永恆
Whenever l hear old chronicles of love,it's age-old pain,
當我聽著那熟悉的愛情故事,那是歲月的傷口
lt's ancient tale of being apart or together.
那是關於分離或相遇的古老傳說。
As l stare on and on into the past, in the end you emerge,
當我再次凝望著過去時,在最後定能發現你,
Clad in the light of a pole-star piercing the darkness of time:
沐著極星燦光你穿越黑夜走來
You become an image of what is remembered forever.
你已永遠變成記憶深處的形像
You and l have floated here on the stream that brings from the fount.
你和我由著來自亙古的時間長河漂流至此
At the heart of time, love of one for another.
聽聽時間在訴說著各樣愛的故事。
We have played along side millions of lovers, shared in the same
我們曾經與萬千戀人們擦肩而過,分享著―樣的
Shy sweetness of meeting, the same distressful tears of farewell -
相遇時羞澀的甜蜜,再見時不捨的淚花……
Old love but in shapes that renew and renew forever.
但是愛情總會再次復活,永恆復活。
Today it is heaped at your feet, it has found its end in you
今天又堆積在你腳下,那已不能再給你任何感覺了,
The love of all man's days both past and forever:
所有人的愛情都已成為過去與永恆
Bright star, would I were steadfast as thou art---
明亮的星,但願我能如你堅定---
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
但並非孤獨地在夜空閃爍高懸,
And Watching, with eternal lids apart,
睜著一雙永不合攏的眼睛,
Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
猶如苦修的隱士徹夜無眠,
The moving waters at their priestlike task
凝視海水沖洗塵世的崖岸,
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
好似牧師行施淨體的沐浴,
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
或正俯瞰下界的荒原與群山
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors---
被遮蓋在輕輕飄落的雪罩里---
No-yet still steadfast, still unchangeable,
並非這樣---卻永遠堅定如故,
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
枕臥在我美麗的愛人的胸膛,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
永遠能感到它的輕輕的起伏,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
永遠清醒,在甜蜜的不安中,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
永遠、永遠聽著她輕柔的呼吸,
And so live ever---or else swoon to death.
永遠這樣生活---或昏厥而死去。
O, my Luve's like a red, red rose,
我的愛是紅紅的玫瑰,
That's newly sprung in June.
於六月初開。
O, my Luve's like the melodie,
我的愛是動聽的樂曲,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.
甜美如天籟。
As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
你國色天香,姑娘,
So deep in luve am I,
我對你情深意長。
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
我會永遠愛你,親愛的,
Till a' the seas gang dry!
直至海水都已枯乾。
Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
直至海水都已枯乾,親愛的,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun!
岩石也因日曬焦爛,
I will luve thee still, my dear,
我會永遠愛你,親愛的,
While the sands o' life shall run.
只要生命的沙漏尚在運轉。
You are taken in the net of my music, my love 我親愛的,你被帶入我音樂的網中, And my nets of music are wide as the sky 這網就如遼闊的天空。 My soul is born on the shore of your eyes of mourning 我的靈魂誕生在你受傷的眼眸的岸邊, In your eyes of mourning the land of dreams begins. 在你受傷的雙眸里,就是我夢鄉的發源。
Universal joy, universal sorrow, universal life. 宇宙的歡樂,悲傷,與生命, The memories of all loves merging with this one love of ours - 所有愛情的回憶將會結合為一體- And the songs of every poet past and forever. 還有每一個詩人們的歌謠也已成為過去與永恆。
And fare thee weel, my only Luve! 再會了,我此生所愛! And fare thee weel, a while! 片刻的分離將我們阻攔! And I will come again, my Luve, 我會回來的,愛人, Tho' it were ten thousand mile! 縱使橫亙著萬水千山。